- 64 Views
Christ and His Law
Added 27 May 2014
Scriptural Basis: Matt. 19:16–22; John 5:30; 13:34, 35; Acts 17:31; Gal. 6:1–5.
Key Text: “ ‘If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love’ ” (John 15:10, NKJV).
1. How is Jesus’ “new” commandment (John 13:34) a revalidation of an old commandment (Lev. 19:34)? How is it new?
2. In what two guiding principles of action did Jesus summarize the Ten Commandments?
3. How do you feel about Jesus being your Judge? (John 5:22).
4. Why is loving others as Jesus loved us more than just loving each other as we love ourselves? (John 13:34).
5. How can the law serve to measure the level of love that an individual has shared with God and humans?
6. How can church discipline be enforced while showing grace and mercy?