This statement describes rules for users of Hope Channel websites (including the domains hopechannel.com, adventistchurch.com, and their sub-domains) who register ("Community") and upload material, post comments, or provide other content ("User Content") to the site. These rules also govern use of Hope Channel’s social media services that permit uploading or posting of User Content. Hope Channel expects its Community members to observe the following rules ("Community Rules") whether on our sites or on social media services operated by third-parties (individually and collectively, the "Sites"):
• Don’t be abusive towards others. Hope Channel encourages open and candid discussions and debates. However, all communications should be civil and respectful. Differences of opinion are okay; personal attacks are not.
• Stay on topic. Comments and contributions to the Sites should be relevant to the topic being discussed. Hope Channel may remove off-topic posts or those that do not provide purpose or relevance from any of the Sites it controls.
• Keep it civil and respectful. Comments or content posted to the Sites that are violent, threatening, abusive, sexually explicit, obscene, offensive, hateful, derogatory, defamatory, or are racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, will not be tolerated. Such comments may result in the termination of the user’s use of and registration in the Community. Hope Channel may edit or entirely remove content containing profanity from any of the Sites it controls.
• Keep it legal. Participating in, suggesting, or encouraging any illegal activity is cause for immediate removal and termination of a user’s use of and registration in the Community. Hope Channel may edit or entirely remove such posts from any of the Sites it controls.
• No spam. Posting the same message to one or many articles, galleries or discussions is considered spam, and Hope Channel may remove such postings from any of the Sites it controls.
• No solicitation. Hope Channel may remove posts containing unsolicited personal or commercial solicitations or advertising from any of the Sites it controls
• Observe copyright and trademark law. The posting of copyrighted videos, photos, articles or other material beyond what is protected as fair use is prohibited, and Hope Channel may remove such posts from any of the Sites it controls. Do not pass off someone else’s trademark as your own.
• No impersonations. The registration of multiple accounts in the Community for the purpose of trolling or harassing other users or with the intent to disrupt the flow of conversation is prohibited. Engaging in this type of behaviour may result in all user names being banned from the Community.
• Protect your privacy. Do not post personal or any other information that you do not want made public. Hope Channel may remove any reference to the identity of a participant with the exception of what is disclosed upon registration from any of the Sites it controls.
• Respect the privacy of others. Hope Channel may remove from any of the Sites it controls any reference to personal information about other users or Hope Channel employees (apart from what they have disclosed on the Sites) that can be used to identify or locate them, or that could otherwise be deemed to constitute an invasion of privacy.
• Don’t upload or post inappropriate content. If a user uploads or posts inappropriate, pornographic or shocking content to the Sites, such user may be banned from the Community. Hope Channel may also edit or entirely remove such posts from any of the Sites it controls.